Written by AnnaDenise on Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 19:21
So, as I mentioned before, the awesome people over at Derwent recently sent me some of their Inktense pencils and blocks to try out and review. I decided I needed to do a video about them and just SHOW you how they work, without really giving thought to the fact that I kind of really don't like making videos. Anyways, I still did it and it is LONG.
So if you don't feel like watching the entire thing, including my not-so-funny jokes (I had just finished cleaning my house and was probably still high on chlorine), here's a summary:
- Colors are as bright and intense as promised;
- Blocks are softer and brighter than pencils;
- LOVE the way they feel on watercolor paper;
- Am not too happy about the way they perform on my crappy journal
- Smooth look when first shading in and then adding water;
- More textured look when dipping the pencils in water;
- Great blending (on watercolor paper, they dry too quickly on thin paper)-
so a couple of colors will do;
- All in all: The blocks especially are pretty sweet and I will enjoy using
those more often in the future! Wouldn't necessarily buy the pencils myself
as I like my pencils to be a little softer, but the blocks are amazing!
Alright! Hope you liked the video despite my laundry tales and the crappy sound (I promise to get a better mic should people like to see more videos) and that it was useful for you in deciding whether to get these or not!
A big thank you to the nice folks over at Derwent for sending me these! <3